Tuesday 21 August 2012

Help a friend

It's the loooooong weekend here in the Philippines. My 4 day holiday is what I have been wanting to have and spending it with friends is the way I want it to be. So, last Friday I was out and about with Carmi and Mau, my college buddies whom I have been keeping in touch ever since after college. Went out, had a lovely dinner and some drinks at Bellini Champagne and Lounge Bar. Sunday was obviously a family day for all of us. We met again yesterday, Monday that is and visited the Blessed Mary in Sibonga. I never really expected it to be filled with a LOT of people. The lines were too long it reached until the parking area. So we opted to atleast pray and lit some candles. We went there not mainly for my personal intentions but for my friend Carmi, who's fighting breast cancer. She's just 23 years old and she's battling the worst battle in her whole life. I admire her for her strength. Her passion in seeing things positively. Her ability to still joke around even if the whole world is like crumbling down upon her. But I know all those smiles are the worst pain she's trying to cover up.. I found out about this when we were exchanging messages, she then told me about her breast cancer and how she needed to have it removed. I did not immediately believed her. She was just like my other friends who loves to joke around, it was no laughing matter. It was not a good joke, i told her. But when we met, she told me everything, from the painful lumps on her breast, on how she found out about it, how she's dealing with it and all those, I wanted to cry. Cry with her. But I can't. I shouldn't. I even asked God why of all people, she's the one he chose to challenge. But God has better plans and it's for the best.. So, here I am, if anyone of you happens to read this blog, please please be kind enough to share a piece of your heart. :)

This one is for you, Carms. :)










1 comment:

  1. We're all going to be strong for Carmi!! :) Love you, Carms! :) Our prayers are with you always :)

    ReplyDelete